Sunday, February 21, 2016

Virtual Class Experience

For my Science Methods class, I experienced a virtual class for the first time. The virtual class was from the Adobe Connect website through my college's eclass. When clicking the link into the site, I was able to see my professor who was using a webcam to communicate with the class. I could hear her because she had her microphone on through the laptop. In the center of the website was the PowerPoint Presentation that she created for the class through the laptop. The professor was on the top left side and below the live video was the names of my classmates with a chat box.

The professor taught the class about designing our lesson plans and preparing for the edTPA. As we learned throughout the lesson, the professor would ask us for our input and responses to what she was reviewing. We could communicate by clicking on the button that signaled we were raising our hand. The professor would call on the student and the student would respond through their own microphones that they would then turn on through their laptops. We could also communicate through the chat box.

This was a great way to teach class when it is not possible for you to physically be in the classroom. I will definitely keep this as a resource for me and my future classroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment